Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First pre-Kiruvere trial-attempt

Before an Estonian re-enactment event called Kiruvere Muinaslaager I wasted lots of time and tried to tablet-weave some patterns which I didn't finish.

First of these attemtps is this one. I thought the result of such a pattern would be a rather widse belt which is easy to make. That the most "difficult" part would be setting the weave up:





But as is happens, the result was not exactly what I'd pictued in my mind. Or mayhaps I hadn't pictured anything at all.

Anyway, the sample-piece looks like this (with all the mistakes I made, of course):


I can't really put my finger on what bothers me most by this attempt. Maybe the colors, the shades of colors are not a very good match. But maybe the pattern itself doesn't seem so alluring anymore either. Maybe too wide? Or tooo... or tooo....? Whatever it is, this attempt helped me to reach the conclusion that this pattern is not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment